supervise screens

Question:

Hello,

My school is 1:1 with iPads. I recently became AppleTeacher certified, and I'd like to know how is it I can supervise my students' screens when I am not directly behind them.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on December 08, 2022 in response to Jessica1214

Hi Jessica,

I believe you can do just that using the Classroom app. It’s an orangey yellow icon. You do need to have the students log in each lesson (using a code the first time i believe?), but then you can push them directly to specific websites/ apps etc, and you can see what they are on. There is also capability to look at their usage time/ app use during that session.

I’ve not used it much myself (yet) due to having mostly senior classes that don’t currently have iPads at our school, but have only heard excellent feedback from those using it regularly. Perhaps someone else can chime in here?

Posted on December 10, 2022 in response to Jessica1214

We use Apple Classroom for our iPads and it's great - you can monitor screens remotely, lock devices and even guide students to a particular app or website. Well worth a look if you aren't using it already :)

Posted on December 12, 2022 in response to Jessica1214

Apple Classroom is your go to! Have attached the getting started guide for yo

Attachments

Question: supervise screens

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.