To Ideate: How might we use Apple's Freeform?

Question:

What might one create, envision, plan, design, collect, connect, present...with @AppleEDU's Freeform app?

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on December 14, 2022 in response to shmaynor

I saw a tweet from Jacob Woolcock (https://twitter.com/JacobWoolcock) that shared his YouTube tutorials on Freeform this morning. Working on getting my devices updated to try it out. I currently use Explain Everything as I teach to be able to record and share what the students are learning with parents. Wondering if Freeform might be used in the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvXVukd574Nmgz1r89L0UKdBSDVzJa0eH

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Posted on December 13, 2022 in response to shmaynor

Looking forward to trying it! Waiting for the system update. It looks to be an amazing collaborative whiteboard plus much more.

Posted on December 14, 2022 in response to cherylD

16.2 dropped today with Freeform capabilities! It certainly has a lot of familiar Apple features making it fun and easy to use.

I liked this demo shot from Apple News. Great brainstorming and markup tool for journalism!

Screenshot from Apple News
Screenshot of Freeform from Apple News
There are also some helpful tutorials from Jacob Woolcock in our Community - Freeform: A Complete Guide for iPad.

I’d love to see some more examples here. How are you using Freeform?

I can’t help but think about the power this app will have for collaborative planning. I currently use Notes however, sometimes the linear form of Notes can be limiting. I’m loving the openness of Freeform. I imagine that it will be the perfect place for our high school students to organize a project, a project’s roles, and resources in a way that fits their needs. This would be so much more powerful than a template that may or may not support a student’s creative process.

Question marked as Helpful

I saw a tweet from Jacob Woolcock (https://twitter.com/JacobWoolcock) that shared his YouTube tutorials on Freeform this morning. Working on getting my devices updated to try it out. I currently use Explain Everything as I teach to be able to record and share what the students are learning with parents. Wondering if Freeform might be used in the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvXVukd574Nmgz1r89L0UKdBSDVzJa0eH

Posted on December 15, 2022 in response to Heidi_ADE_2019

I also am hoping to play around with Freeform over the next few days. I am especially looking forward to the Sketchnote possibilities!

Posted on December 15, 2022 in response to shmaynor

I'm really excited about all the creative and collaborative possibilities of this new tool! I can see it being a valuable way to facilitate student collaboration; I can also see it being a helpful space to collaborate with colleagues on research projects, from planning research design to planning and drafting article manuscripts -- lots of possibilities here!

Posted on January 19, 2023 in response to shmaynor

given the infinite canvas, I’m wondering if this would be a great ongoing professional development board that we could keep adding to all year. Where we include resources, etc. and all staff members can go back to this board and either share collaborate or just go back and re-look at a resource that was shared.

Posted on January 23, 2023 in response to beth1414

Oh....I love this idea. Could support the balance between in time and planned professional learning.

Posted on January 20, 2023 in response to shmaynor

Many of the Freeform screen shots are clean, organized, a polished products. I love seeing Freeform screens that are messy with arrows and the the thinking is evident. Then, with the power of Freeform, it can transition to a neat organized flow for creation. The post-it feature is great for quick idea generating that is categorized later. It is a white board, chart paper, post-its, and more all wrapped into one. The ideal Design Thinking App.

Posted on January 23, 2023 in response to ciaobert

Yes -- the ideal Design Thinking App. Provides ample space for the iterative process along with choice media integrations.

Posted on January 23, 2023 in response to shmaynor

I keep in open and on the site of keynote to take notes during a lesson mostly about what I need to covere more in-depth or what I think the Ss have a good grasp on.

Question: To Ideate: How might we use Apple's Freeform?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.