Apple Classroom and Clever

Question:

Our district enrolled each class in Apple Classroom using Clever. Each teacher used to create the classroom and enroll students. NOW, using Clever, there are sections for each home room and last year’s class is still part of the app. Our tech department said they deleted the old class but it remains on my app. I hate having so many things to loom through. How can the old class be completely gone?

Attachments

Posted on January 26, 2023 in response to vickie214

Hi Vickie,

This could be an issue with old dating syncing from Apple School Manager and your SIS. I'd recommend speaking with your school's Apple SE. You can find out who your Apple SE is by calling 1-800-800-2775 and choose option 4 to get connected with your school's Apple sales team.

Best,

Dominique

Posted on January 27, 2023 in response to vickie214

Hey Vicki, if the IT team deleted the class from Apple School Manager it should be gone from your Classroom list, but it sounds like it's hanging on. I wonder if you log out of your Managed Apple ID on the iPad and log back in, if the class might be gone?

I don't think there is much you'll be able to do about the other Clever classes syncing. Most Student Information Systems have to register different classes even if you're a self-contained classroom.

If you are self-contained, what I've seen some teachers do is just use the first class in the list for Classroom and ignore the rest.

Posted on January 29, 2023 in response to vickie214

It does sound like an IT issue! We use Jamf School to manage our iPads and set up Apple Classroom and I noticed that previous years’ classes were still hanging around in Apple Classroom. I solved it by removing any trace of the previous classes in groups etc.

So maybe go make friends with IT and help them understand what exactly your problem is?

Question: Apple Classroom and Clever

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.