What would you add? iWork Apps Guide

Question:

If you’re like me, you’re constantly asking what app you should use with your students. I started a resource to help navigate the different iWorks app. I created this resource to support learning across all subject areas to empower all learners to select the tool that supports your learning outcomes best.

It is a work in progress, but I would love feedback or comments of what else I can add?

Thanks!

Attachments

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on February 23, 2023 in response to CaitlinM

Nice job! I like the prompts for student activities. This would be very helpful for teachers getting started with these apps.

Posted on February 25, 2023 in response to CaitlinM

Really love the second page checklist to compare apps! Will you be adding the other app icons to the first pages? I agree with Cheryl that this is a helpful resource for teachers who are just getting started with these apps, and I think it is also a great resource for students to make their own decisions about how best to show what they know. Thanks for creating and sharing this!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Posted on February 23, 2023 in response to CaitlinM

Nice job! I like the prompts for student activities. This would be very helpful for teachers getting started with these apps.

Posted on March 15, 2023 in response to cherylD

Hi Cheryl,

I have found that this resource is helpful for our teachers to select which tool best captures student learning based on both creativity and accessibility!

Really love the second page checklist to compare apps! Will you be adding the other app icons to the first pages? I agree with Cheryl that this is a helpful resource for teachers who are just getting started with these apps, and I think it is also a great resource for students to make their own decisions about how best to show what they know. Thanks for creating and sharing this!

This is a neat resource!

I would add Clips as an app choice for evidence of learning.

I would also add a component that reminds teachers that once students have learned each app, many times they are capable of selecting the app that supports their thinking best. Giving students the freedom to select which app they use can be a quick win for voice and choice!

Posted on March 15, 2023 in response to Shayla410berry

Shayla,

I love these ideas! I selected these apps because the teachers I work with often use them interchangeably, but struggle with accessibility and capturing all data when assignments are submitted. Our teachers use LMS like Seesaw and Google Classroom so it's essential to see how items to export. For example, students can add audio recordings to Numbers and Keynote, but only Keynotes can be exported including the audio (as a movie). One workaround for Numbers is utilizing the screen recording feature.

I agree with teaching students these resources and shifting the personalization and choice to the learner! I think this is a great thing to reinforce in planning meetings.

Thanks so much for sharing,

Caitlin

Question: What would you add? iWork Apps Guide

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.