Supporting Teachers with iPad Transition

Question:

We are preparing to shift our 3rd-8th grade teachers from MacBooks to iPads over the next three years, starting with 3rd and 6th grade teachers. We are getting ready to provide an initial introduction to the teachers. What are the top things to showcase and lead them through? We were already thinking of:

• Accessibility features
  • Classroom and Schoolwork
  • Multitasking
  • Apple core apps - Pages, Numbers, Keynote

Any other ideas or resources to point to so we can make this successful?

Posted on March 16, 2023 in response to KLaddy

Ohhh, these are such amazing starting points! I love the idea of starting with Accessibility features, specifically personalizing their new device to fit their learning needs. Maybe add some productivity tips like using Focus, Reminders, setting up Calendar, etc. I think the mobility of the Camera will be a great addition to what they are use to - maybe doing a photo activity? And for sure show them all this content can be learned in Apple Teacher at a personalized pace! : ) #LetsGoIL

Posted on March 20, 2023 in response to KLaddy

Hi, we rolled out ipads on a 1:1 basis throughout our school. Id say one of the first things we needed to know was how we would store work. We use showbie and have a system of how our classes are set up that all classes follow. This makes it more streamlined across the school and everyone knows how to use it. Easier when children move from one class to another. Also having time for staff to play about with the ipad and discover what can be done. I like things like chatterpix, clips and iMovie to make lessons more interactive and engaging.

Posted on March 23, 2023 in response to KLaddy

Those are excellent things to start with! Have you asked the teachers for input on their concerns about the transition? If you have an idea of what they might be worried about, that could help you get started with what to share with them right off the bat. You mentioned just the teachers being transitioned - what devices do students have, and will that be changing at all?

Posted on March 23, 2023 in response to KLaddy

These are fab. Having just been through transitioning teachers to iPads I would also make sure you highlight any iPad gestures that you make as you go. E.g. how to pull down the control centre and how you can bring up a search bar by sliding down in the centre of the iPad. They are simple things that are very much appreciated.

Posted on March 28, 2023 in response to KLaddy

I have found when teaching educators how to implement iPads, that Classroom was a game changer - so I am glad to see that on your list. It is good that the teachers already know MacBooks, so the change over will still be similar and hopefully smooth. I would showcase the portability of the iPad for creation and movement during learning. Having the ability to move and have flexibility as needed is amazing.

Have you also thought of encouraging the staff to work through the Apple Teacher modules and get their iPad badges? That would be a helpful resource for them while allowing for it to be worked on at their own pace.

Question: Supporting Teachers with iPad Transition

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.