Canvas + iPad

Question:

We are in our second year of have iPads in grades 5-8. In our first year the 5-6 teachers and students had them and this year we added 7th grade. In the fall of 2023 we will now add grade 8. I am looking for some creative ways to help my teachers integrate the iPads with Canvas. Any ideas, examples, suggestions would be great. Preparing for professional learning opportunities in the fall.

Posted on May 02, 2023 in response to Alltechythings

We have Canvas as an LMS in our high schools. For your professional learning my suggestion would be to focus on the opportunities and lesson ideas (many in this Community) of creative assignments and activities with iPad. Then show them how, in Canvas, students can upload files from iPad, add Movie files or exported movies from Keynote or Clips. They can upload Numbers Files, Pages files etc., to be viewed by the instructor (Canvas Upload File feature and the Studio feature). In Canvas you also need to be able to give students enough storage.

Also depending on the settings of your MDM, they can share from the iPad directly to other students and the teacher through Air Drop or the Collaboration link in Numbers, Pages, Keynote…

As you know engagement fostered by creativity is the inroad to learning for students and teachers, so offering some creative learning ideas on the iPad might be the hook, and then show how students can “turn in” the finished product.

Hope this is helpful.

Posted on May 09, 2023 in response to Alltechythings

One small trick that has helped teachers k-12 is to use emojis in the title of a Canvas course as well as an assignment that students will turn into. The reason is that when students go to turn in directly from an app using the share box/arrow, they can look for the emoji instead of reading through the text of all their courses and assignments

Posted on May 16, 2023 in response to Renda

This is a great idea! I have a follow up question - do you use the Canvas app, or are you just going in through Safari? (Do you prefer one over the other?)

Posted on May 16, 2023 in response to TechJen9

I go in though Safari on my iPad. I haven’t used the app much although I do have it downloaded. Canvas works well on Safari and I like to use that interface because it is the same as when I jump on a computer.

Question: Canvas + iPad

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.