Create a post from the types below.
Elephant Poop Lab
- My original lesson was a pdf that had everything on one page, it was a wall of text and white paper, and it did little to allow students to interact or guide their thinking as they worked through the lab.
What I changed
- I turned my lesson into a keynote presentation.
- Slides can be hidden under other slides which allowed for a simpler flow, easier view, and really gave students more space to work and reflect.
- Directions for each section of the activity were moved to the speaker notes section which kept the slide free for student learning.
- Videos were embedded into the slide for student viewing. There was no opening into a separate window or clicking a link that was easy for students to ignore.
- Students were more engaged in the lesson because it wasn't on a different medium. They weren't doing another worksheet that students were putting into notability.
- Students didn't skip over background reading or directions because the format was new and they had to explore each slide and make sure they completed every step. They were collaborating better and engaged more in what they were doing.
#d214 #biology #science
You might also like