Create a post from the types below.
When completing this lesson with my students we used Apple Freeform, Pages and GarageBand to create our Podcasts. The children completed their podcast based on their PSHE Objective: Celebrating Achievements. Of course this lesson can be adapted to best suit your lessons and students.
Step 1: Plan and Come Up with Ideas
- Decide what your podcast will be about. Choose a topic that you and your students are interested in.
- Think about how you want the podcast to be structured. Will it have different parts or segments?
- Outline the first episode, including what you want to talk about and any special guests you might have.
Step 2: Write the Podcast Script with Apple Pages
- Open Apple Pages on your computer.
- Create a new document where you will write your podcast script.
- Make it look nice by choosing the right fonts and spacing.
- Write down what you want to say in the podcast. Use headings or bullet points to organize your ideas.
A Pages template has been added at the bottom of this resource.
Step 3: Record the Podcast with Apple GarageBand
- Open GarageBand on your computer.
- Start a new project and choose the "Voice" option for recording.
- Press the red record button and read your script out loud. Remember to speak clearly and at a steady pace.
- If you make a mistake, pause for a moment, and then continue from where you left off.
- When you finish recording, press the stop button.
Step 4: Edit the Recording in GarageBand
- Listen to your recording and find any mistakes or parts that need to be removed.
- Use GarageBand's tools to cut out the mistakes and make the recording sound better.
- You can also add background music or sound effects if you want to.
Step 5: Save and Export the Podcast
- Save your edited recording in GarageBand.
- Export the podcast as an audio file, like an MP3, so you can share it with others.
Step 6: Share the Podcast with Others
- Create an account on a podcast hosting website.
- Upload your podcast to the hosting website.
- Fill in the information about your podcast, like the title and what it's about.
- Submit your podcast to places like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts so people can listen to it.
- Share your podcast with your students, school community, and friends on social media or your website.
Step 7: Keep Improving and Making More Podcasts
- Listen to your podcast and see what you can do better next time.
- Ask for feedback from your students or colleagues to make your podcasts even more interesting.
- Keep creating more episodes and having fun with your podcasting journey!
You might also like
There are no replies.