Create a post from the types below.
Week Vocabulary Routine
Here is a Keynote that my 4th grade team uses for the whole week.
Day Breakdown (15 minutes each day)
- Monday: Go over the 4 words, have the students write the words down below in the empty space, have them underline the vowels and show the different syllables, then we have the students give a thumps up or a thumbs down on if the vocabulary word is used correctly.
- Tuesday: Follow the same routine for the other 4 words like you did on Monday.
- Wednesday: Say the word and definition, then give the students the discussion prompt and then have them find a partner based on what is below. Let them discuss for about a minute and then have them go back to their seats. Then have 2 students share what they discussed.
- Thursday: Go over the words with the class, then have the students write a sentence using both of the vocabulary words at the top. Have them do all 4 independently and then share at the end.
- Friday: We do this as a rotation. The students will finish the sentence, then record themselves reading the passage and highlighting the vocabulary words we learned that week.
To make it easy for you just duplicate the Keynote each week and change what you need to for the next week.
You might also like