Create a post from the types below.
One Chord Groove with GarageBand for iPad
One chord is all you need to start making music.
With this book, you’ll step into the role of a music producer to create your own track based on just one chord.
Using Tracks or Live Loops, you can create a one chord groove in any genre of music — Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, Dance, and many more!
Focus on sound. Make creative decisions as you listen to different combinations of instruments and loops to produce your track.
The two projects in this book represent the first two lessons I teach all new music students about how to create music with GarageBand.
Students can learn all of the basics of how to use GarageBand through these projects, including:
- Creating and customising drumbeats with Drummer and The Beat Sequencer.
- How to use Autoplay patterns to record chord with bass and keyboard instruments.
- Add Apple Loops to a project.
- Create music using both Tracks and Live Loops.
- Mix and arrange a track.
Once you’ve created your first One Chord Groove, it’s time to go further!
All of the ideas in this book are interchangeable:
- You can use Drummer with Live Loops, or use the Beat Sequencer with Tracks.
- Rock out with an Am chord in Tracks, or a create a groove with a C chord in Live Loops.
- Add a touch instrument playing a chord with Live Loops, or drop loops into a Tracks song.
You can download One Chord Groove with GarageBand for iPad here, and start creating music:
One chord can go a long way.
You might also like