Create a post from the types below.
Challenge: BEE the Change!
When learning about living things and nature’s systems, you explore life cycles of different species and the concept of Interdependence, which is how living things rely on each other through systems such as food chains and food webs. Important to all living things is the idea of sustainability, which is our way of making sure nature stays in balance, both now and into the future.
So, it’s time for a Challenge…
The world’s bee population is in a bit of trouble. And they need our help! It’s time to… BEE THE CHANGE.
What can we do?
talk to experts
plan and design solutions
and take action!
Big Idea: Interdependence of living things
Essential Question: How can we be active citizens in enhancing the lives of living things?
Challenge: BEE the Change! (Help the bee population thrive)
- How do bee communities function and thrive?
- Why are bee populations in decline globally?
- How are ordinary people, scientists and technology helping bee populations to recover and thrive?
Guiding Activities and Resources:
- Create for Bees - an interactive book full of activities and resources related to bee conservation
- Bees - Little Insect, Big Impact - an interactive book with lots of background information about bees
- The Kid Should See This - web resource with curated video resources about bees
- Nat Geo Kids page about bees
- Behind the News - World Bee Day - a short video about World Bee Day
- Read this post
- Download the attached Challenge Organizer to implement this Challenge with your community of learners. Make sure to visit Challenge Based Learning to download additional resources.