Sub Lesson Plans Needed

Question:

Hello! I'm currently a Gifted and Talented teacher who is occasionally asked to sub in Specials classroom. We are an iPad 1-to-1 district. I could be in Music, Library, and Art. I'm trying to find some quick win, 40 min lessons for K-5. Any ideas?

Tagged in: Lesson Planning
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on October 14, 2022 in response to jamieOPS

You have a great idea of doing an activity that gets them creating. They will love it! Have you explored the Everyone Can Create books? I think you can leverage small activities from the books to apply to multiple different classes. Some possible ideas...

Library: create book reviews with Clips, Use iMovie trailers to create a book trailer, Animate their favorite book scene in Keynote, Create a main character's theme song in GarageBand

Art: Create line draw animations in Keynote, Use Pages to create a book of art with audio recordings on each page to explain why they like that piece of artwork, Learn about sketch noting and create a sketch note on a topic of their choice.

Music: Use Pages to design their own album cover, Use GarageBand to create their own theme song

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

You have a great idea of doing an activity that gets them creating. They will love it! Have you explored the Everyone Can Create books? I think you can leverage small activities from the books to apply to multiple different classes. Some possible ideas...

Library: create book reviews with Clips, Use iMovie trailers to create a book trailer, Animate their favorite book scene in Keynote, Create a main character's theme song in GarageBand

Art: Create line draw animations in Keynote, Use Pages to create a book of art with audio recordings on each page to explain why they like that piece of artwork, Learn about sketch noting and create a sketch note on a topic of their choice.

Music: Use Pages to design their own album cover, Use GarageBand to create their own theme song

Hi - did you see this post on Rhyming Book? https://education.apple.com/en/resource/250010363 I thought that might be a fun lesson.

Also for wonderful music lessons follow Eoin Hughes. His latest post on Climate Change Chants is also a good one.

Question: Sub Lesson Plans Needed

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.