Ways to Use Apple Pencil for Annotating?

Question:

I’m looking for some innovative ideas on how to use the Apple Pencil to annotate as a part of learning activities. I am planning some PD for a local school. Anyone got something effective or unique that you have done recently that you that you could share? Thanks!

Tagged in: Apple Pencil
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on October 28, 2022 in response to karlyb

When you say "innovative" what specifically do you mean?

Shortcuts like using the pencil from the corner of the iPad is a great skill to know.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

When you say "innovative" what specifically do you mean?

Shortcuts like using the pencil from the corner of the iPad is a great skill to know.

Posted on October 28, 2022 in response to jj_pj

As JJ said I am also curious about what you consider innovative. In terms of annotating one use could be that children annotate over images to reveal shapes in the environment. I have also used Apple Pencil do draw the veins of a leaf for both pattern spotting and science lessons.

Children can also take a photograph of their school building and play areas and redesign them using the pencil. They can then import the images into Keynote, iMovie or clips to add an audio description.

Posted on October 30, 2022 in response to Catherine_ADE

‘Innovative” - maybe too strong of a word, but I am hoping that the group here can share some fresh, new to me ideas. I always love reading these posts and discovering a new way to use a tool! The ideas you shared are exactly the kinds of things I was looking for. Thanks!

Posted on October 30, 2022 in response to jj_pj

Yes, that is a great hint that a lot of people don’t know. Thanks!

can you clarify more?

Posted on October 30, 2022 in response to mohammad257

I’m hoping to find some ideas of ways that the Apple Pencil has been used by students. Hoping to find some new ideas that can be shared with teachers.

Posted on October 29, 2022 in response to karlyb

There are some great ideas in this thread already. We actually discussed various uses of Apple Pencil for students to annotate in one of my classes with secondary education majors just last week. For a humanities course, like ELA or social studies, they brainstormed having students pull a photo of a historical figure or author into Keynote and then using Markup to annotate the photo with additional features/qualities that demonstrate what historical records say they were like/personality traits, writing styles, etc. I thought this was an interesting idea worth exploring further.

Looking forward to seeing what other ideas people share, too!

Posted on October 30, 2022 in response to JessicaH-W

I like this idea - adding words/qualities on top of a photo of a person. Good way to stretch thinking. I like that this could be done easily at an elementary level, too! Thanks!

Question: Ways to Use Apple Pencil for Annotating?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.