How to set up multiple users on iPads?

Question:

Hi,

I have a classroom of 17 iPads that shared a profile in Addigy. I want to add multiple users to the iPads and can’t seem to find any documentation on how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I have access to our Apple School Manager account but only have access to purchase apps. I am hoping our tech company will give me further access so I can set this up without them.

Posted on June 06, 2023 in response to Rtteachr

Hello!

You can learn about Shared iPad here.

Having access to Apple School Manager is a good place to start. Within Apple School Manager, Managed Apple IDs must be created for each student and your classroom set of iPad devices must be assigned within Apple School Manager.

The iPads should also be enrolled into a Mobile Device Management in order to create and distribute a Shared iPad enrollment profile to the devices.

Hope this nudges you in the right direction!

Posted on August 02, 2023 in response to Rtteachr

Hi there!

I'd recommend getting in touch with your Apple SE to discuss further. You can find out who your Apple SE is by calling 1-800-800-2775 and choose option 4 to get connected with your school's Apple sales team.

In addition, here is an article on Shared iPad https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/prepare-shared-ipad-dep6fa9dd532/web

Best,

Dominique

Posted on August 07, 2023 in response to Rtteachr

Thanks for the thoughts. The MDM service we use is not compatible. The company that runs it is researching a new option and hopefully we can make the switch before the school year starts!

Question: How to set up multiple users on iPads?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.