Europa Clipper - How would you augment Message in a Bottle?

Question:

What Apple digital integration activities might be engaging for the launch of the Europa Clipper in October?

Learners can add their names to the Message in a Bottle that is being sent along with a poem by the poet laureate Ada Limón

Join the mission and have your name engraved on NASA’s Europa Clipper spacecraft as it travels 1.8 billion miles to explore Europa, an ocean world that may support life. Sign your name today to the Message in a Bottle.

I was thinking perhaps they might create their own poem for the mission and create a song in GarageBand. I’d love to hear some other ideas from elementary through high school.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EgWbeDNPD6o?showinfo=0&enablejsapi=1

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on June 17, 2023 in response to cherylD

I heard about the Message in a Bottle project with the launch of the Europa Clipper in an NPR story recently -- so neat! It might also be interesting to have students visualize the poem by drawing and animating their own original illustrations of Ada Limón's poem using Keynote.

Lots of creative possibilities!

Posted on June 23, 2023 in response to cherylD

I did!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Posted on June 17, 2023 in response to cherylD

I heard about the Message in a Bottle project with the launch of the Europa Clipper in an NPR story recently -- so neat! It might also be interesting to have students visualize the poem by drawing and animating their own original illustrations of Ada Limón's poem using Keynote.

Lots of creative possibilities!

Posted on June 17, 2023 in response to JessicaH-W

Visualizing the poem is a great idea Jessica! Lots of possibilities of doing this with Keynote backgrounds and shapes, adding pencil or finger for drawing and animating with Create Paths or Magic Move transitions. Love it! Thanks for the idea!

Did you add your name to the bottle? 😊

Posted on June 23, 2023 in response to cherylD

I did!

Posted on December 02, 2023 in response to cherylD

Looks like Nasa is doing this name sending with every new mission. It's such a fun idea to have ones names sent across space. I just wonder what I'll be able to do with all these frequent flyers miles I got at every mission!

Thanks for sharing.

Posted on December 02, 2023 in response to Dr_Pat

Funny! Frequent Flyer to space!

Question: Europa Clipper - How would you augment Message in a Bottle?

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.