Adding a GarageBand file to Keynote on iPad

Question:

I’m struggling with getting my GarageBand file to import into my Pages coaching journal. I have no problem recording the audio directly in Pages, but it’s not working properly with the GarageBand file or doesn’t even appear when I try to find it. I’m not sure if it’s because the place I should add it isn’t a media placeholder or if it’s a different issue.

Posted on July 03, 2023 in response to katherine316

Hi Katherine - It works for me by selecting my file in the GarageBand interface and then Share from the press and hold drop menu (share as Song then Save to Files). Then in Keynote or Pages, tap on media menu icon (a picture) and Insert From… files. Then locate it in your iPad files and it pops in. Is that what you tried?

Does anyone else have a better way?

Posted on July 05, 2023 in response to cherylD

Hey Katherine and Cheryl -

Cheryl is right on with her response! The major issue I have discovered with my students has been verifying that the export is in the SONG format, rather than Ringtone or Project. The project must be "bounced down" and exported in order to be accessed by any apps outside of GarageBand. I'm hoping that Cheryl has helped you complete your project.

Feel free to reach out if you need any help! I'll be glad to support you. 😎

Posted on July 12, 2023 in response to katherine316

Hi! I am having the same problem, I have tried the steps and it won’t allow to insert the song/podcast on pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on July 13, 2023 in response to katherine316

Thanks for your tips, Cheryl and Donnie!

Try these steps for saving your GarageBand project as a Song:

1. Open GarageBand

2. In the My Songs browser, tap the Select button, then tap the song you want to share. Tap Share, then tap Song.

3. After you tap Song, you can add the artist, composter, and title information. You can also choose the audio quality. Note: High Quality is recommended for the Coaching Journal.

4. Tap Share, and select Save to Files.

5. Choose a folder location, then tap Save.

Open your Coaching Journal and navigate to the page where you want to add your podcast. Tap + in the toolbar, then select “Insert from”. Navigate to the audio file, then tap it. Tap the Play button on the media to play it in the document.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us at applelearningcoach@apple.com with any other questions.

Posted on September 20, 2023 in response to katherine316

This might be a bit late for you but perhaps it might help someone else out. I've found I need to follow a slightly different process to get my projects to save as songs to my Files. This is how I have to do it:

1. In GarageBand, select the project to be saved > Share > Song > Share
  2. Open in... > Save to Files > navigate to location > Save

I can add my recording into another app by selecting the media tab within that app and Insert from... and navigate to where I saved it.

Posted on January 29, 2024 in response to katherine316

Hi, Seem to be having the same issue where I can’t add my GarageBand audio file. The one thing different from the other posts is that when I try to save it as a song it tells me that it can’t because the file doesn’t exist!?!

I have already shared it and saved it to files as a project so it definitely does exist 😂

Question: Adding a GarageBand file to Keynote on iPad

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.