Helping them help me

Question:

Hi all,

I was working on my explore portfolio and thinking of projects that would suit my very specific area of teaching dual credit filmmaking. Then I had an idea based off of one of the lessons about creating a first aid video for health class.

What if I asked my higher level students to create how-to videos on how to properly (and safely) use the various pieces of equipment in my classroom.

I broke out stop motion studio and then used clips, just because it's pretty friendly and fast. This helps differentiate too. Kids who want an extra challenge can use iMovie or FCP for iPad and be more elaborate. Some could also even use Pages and do a photo/text how to written document. I could also differentiate in terms of which pieces of equipment a student is assigned. One with lots of experience can tackle more complex gear, while a less experienced student can analyze simpler equipment.

I used to do these how-to sheets myself, but video can be more powerful and now they get to take ownership of their learning!. Win Win!

Posted on August 09, 2023 in response to Izzyvision

So great when the students are involved in the teaching, as well as learning - good idea!

Question: Helping them help me

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.