Attention Kindergarten Teachers! Please share your experience with Apple iPad apps in the classroom.

Question:

Hello everyone, my name is Guadalupe and I am a Kindergarten teacher. Part of our professional development has been exploring the Apple Education community and looking at different resources/stories that can help with our lessons.

Aside from taking pictures and labeling using the Keynote app, what other activities have you done with yours students? What are some tips and successes/notes of growth with this age group?

I look forward to learning more and filing my technology toolbox. I appreciate you taking the time to read this post.

Posted on November 22, 2023 in response to APC-MAID

Thank you. I'm glad you found it helpful!

Posted on November 29, 2023 in response to grmaestra2023

Hello! We have been doing quite a bit with creativity in Kindergarten with iPad. Some of our projects have included:

Photo Booth app - Kaleidoscope filter to take unique photos, then using Markup to "hunt" for and trace hidden shapes (math connections).

Collaborative Keynote - (must have Managed Apple IDs for students) each student has their own slide with their name to work on, teacher can screen share the Keynote file and set in light table mode to view all slides at once as students are working. Slides can house templates to complete or blank slates.

Tinkercad - as part of an "All About Me" unit students draw themselves digitally with the scribble tool in TInkercad and then we 3D print them. See video here

Chatterpix - help students find their voice by anthropomorphising inanimate objects in the classroom. What would the pencil sharpener say if it could talk? What about the rubbish bin? Adding voice onto photos combines several digital skills.

Question: Attention Kindergarten Teachers! Please share your experience with Apple iPad apps in the classroom.

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.