If I created an app, it would help me…

Question:

Shouldn’t there be an app for that? 🤔

All great apps start with an idea to solve a problem. Share your silly, productive, or inventive app ideas to finish this sentence. And keep the conversation going by replying to other posts with your thoughts. Great apps need great collaborators!

Finish This Sentence. If I created an app, it would help me…

To celebrate Computer Science Education Week, December 4–10, check out our free coding resources and inspire students to design and build apps with the new Everyone Can Code Projects.

👉 Learn more

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on November 14, 2023 in response to Apple-Education

Prioritizer: I wish there was an app, where I entered all of my goals, and all of my tasks, hobbies and all of my responsibilities, and it would spit out a weekly schedule of how I could get everything done and still find time for all the people and things I enjoy. I think that would be very helpful. I find I have so many interest that I’m always feeling guilty about not spending more time in one area. Maybe it could even help me say no to the things that I should do that keep me from my goals and help me say yes to more things that I enjoy. I am not very good at prioritizing until the last minute. Lol.

Posted on November 15, 2023 in response to Apple-Education

If I create an app it would be one to simulate real life work environments. For example shoe stores here use an app to measure feet, coffee shops use apps for orders but students don't have access to those apps outside of the workplace. The app I would create would bridge the gap between the classroom and work environment.

... streamline feedback. More than grades, students appreciate feedback, and for many they would suggest it is more valuable. In fact, in the book Grit by Angela Duckworth, Duckworth talks about the importance of Feedback to success. An app to help us quickly generate meaningful feedback would be awesome.

...maintain effective and collaborative communication with applied music (private lesson) students so that they would have access to the notes and assigned etudes from the lesson, be able to plan and reflect on practice sessions, and record audio/video excerpts of their practice sessions throughout the week.

I have a similar workflow in Numbers, but it would be really nice to have all these features built into an app. 🤔

If I created an app it would help me make healthy choices based on data from my Apple Watch. The app will suggest meal ideas and link to recipes. It might then suggest a meal plan for the following week and create a shopping list for me and order it to be delivered to my home….

...foster connection, collaboration and support for aging adults in my life. Since it is an app, it would bring everything to one spot, creating a high layer of accessibility for anyone using it. This app would help support care and collaboration with all family members, especially our elderly loved one. It would be able to help send reminders and assistance with personalized voices to support medication management and other caregiving needs that support and enhance independence. This app would also allow any outside care givers to also collaborate and communicate with family. This app would provide a narrative update for all through collaboration, provide a spot to add photos to bring cheer and document and changes or care needs. In addition, it would having Smart Home and accessibility features compatibility that would again help with access and independence as well have the ability to information throughout the home. I could see having something like this in a collaborative iWork file, however, it would be wonderful in an app format in order to get necessary push notifications to facilitate team caregiving and promote a sense of comfort to all. This app would not only be tool; it would be a source of comfort, fostering collaboration, communication, and care.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

...maintain effective and collaborative communication with applied music (private lesson) students so that they would have access to the notes and assigned etudes from the lesson, be able to plan and reflect on practice sessions, and record audio/video excerpts of their practice sessions throughout the week.

I have a similar workflow in Numbers, but it would be really nice to have all these features built into an app. 🤔

Prioritizer: I wish there was an app, where I entered all of my goals, and all of my tasks, hobbies and all of my responsibilities, and it would spit out a weekly schedule of how I could get everything done and still find time for all the people and things I enjoy. I think that would be very helpful. I find I have so many interest that I’m always feeling guilty about not spending more time in one area. Maybe it could even help me say no to the things that I should do that keep me from my goals and help me say yes to more things that I enjoy. I am not very good at prioritizing until the last minute. Lol.

If I created an app it would help me make healthy choices based on data from my Apple Watch. The app will suggest meal ideas and link to recipes. It might then suggest a meal plan for the following week and create a shopping list for me and order it to be delivered to my home….

Posted on November 15, 2023 in response to Catherine_ADE

It might also be able to scan your fridge and suggest recipes based on what is in the fridge. Idea 2.0 😋

Give me guidance on the best tech tools to use for specific lessons, standards or skills. Like an AI tech integration coach! A bonus would be how to implement assistive technology into the lesson. Of course I have my Apply community to search through the forum and filter ideas but an app that simplifies great ideas on the fly would be awesome!

or even a “Simple Try this random tech idea today” randomizer for educators!

If I created an app it would help me manage my OCD. It would be nice to have an app that reassures me and helps me with that aspect of my mental health.

...foster connection, collaboration and support for aging adults in my life. Since it is an app, it would bring everything to one spot, creating a high layer of accessibility for anyone using it. This app would help support care and collaboration with all family members, especially our elderly loved one. It would be able to help send reminders and assistance with personalized voices to support medication management and other caregiving needs that support and enhance independence. This app would also allow any outside care givers to also collaborate and communicate with family. This app would provide a narrative update for all through collaboration, provide a spot to add photos to bring cheer and document and changes or care needs. In addition, it would having Smart Home and accessibility features compatibility that would again help with access and independence as well have the ability to information throughout the home. I could see having something like this in a collaborative iWork file, however, it would be wonderful in an app format in order to get necessary push notifications to facilitate team caregiving and promote a sense of comfort to all. This app would not only be tool; it would be a source of comfort, fostering collaboration, communication, and care.

If I create an app it would be one to simulate real life work environments. For example shoe stores here use an app to measure feet, coffee shops use apps for orders but students don't have access to those apps outside of the workplace. The app I would create would bridge the gap between the classroom and work environment.

Posted on December 09, 2023 in response to MirCWalsh

Check out Betterwise.com! We are missioned to bring the gap in life skills learning and provide the supplemental education teens and their families need to build independent, confident futures and a more just society.

My app would be one to help me track coaching cycles and offer suggestions for next steps that I could offer teachers.

... streamline feedback. More than grades, students appreciate feedback, and for many they would suggest it is more valuable. In fact, in the book Grit by Angela Duckworth, Duckworth talks about the importance of Feedback to success. An app to help us quickly generate meaningful feedback would be awesome.

to remain clam! lol

seriously, I would love an app that could help me quickly find the definition, synonyms and antonyms of a word right from the Home Screen. I have found some apps that have widgets to look up meanings but nothing that will show all three.

Posted on November 16, 2023 in response to Apple-Education

If I created an app, it would help me remain focused on one task at a time without forgetting all the other things that pop into my brain while I'm working on the current task! I haven't thought about how that would work whatsoever but I normally have about 30 tabs open at one time and it takes me much longer than it should to complete anything!!

Posted on November 20, 2023 in response to Apple-Education

manage my time and prioritise tasks.

Posted on December 06, 2023 in response to Apple-Education

If I created an app, it would help me…

…to 1. identify melodies from songs/pieces of music 🎶🤔 and, 2. Turn any melody I hum or sing into music staff notation 🎵.

1. Similar to Shazam, but it would allow the user to sing, play or hum in a tune and it would be identified. And, this would work across different genres and styles — from pop to classical.
  2. Turn anything I hum or sing into music staff notation. This would be an amazing learning tool for students in the classroom at any stage of learning!

Question: If I created an app, it would help me…

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.