Preparing Future Educators for Tech-Infused Teaching Discussion

Question:

As we strive to prepare the next generation of educators for the evolving landscape of teaching, the integration of technology becomes an important aspect of teacher preparation programs. The integration of Apple devices provides a unique opportunity to bridge theory and practice, allowing aspiring teachers to experience firsthand the transformative potential of technology in education.

How do you approach technology integration to inspire creativity, foster critical thinking, and model effective technology integration strategies? What specific apps, features, or teaching methodologies have you found to be particularly impactful in preparing future educators for a tech-infused teaching environment?

Let's collectively explore best practices in leveraging Apple technology for teacher preparation.

Posted on January 13, 2024 in response to jorton

Important questions Jennifer.

Jessica Herring-Watson works with pre service teachers and has a wonderful book out with creative ideas. Her post and access to her book is here. (Empowering Classroom Creators)

Posted on January 17, 2024 in response to cherylD

Jessica is a rockstar! Thanks for sharing this resource!

Posted on January 17, 2024 in response to jorton

This is such an important question. To me, it's more about preparing them with the mindset. I understand the challenge that pre-service programs have - they don't know what tools, devices, and software future employers are using. How do you prepare teachers for the wide array of what is out there? The best option is probably to focus on best practices and instructional design with technology so that the learning is the focus and the device/tool can be the how.

This year we have been planning some professional learning for our student teachers that goes into the mindset. We approach instructional design with technology through Liz Kolb's Triple E model and the ISTE standards. Really understanding what those standards mean and what they look like in practice would prepare teachers for any technology landscape. This is also where we start with our 0 year teachers - before we get into the tech.

I would love to hear other thoughts and reflections on this!

Posted on January 17, 2024 in response to MorganC

I love starting with mindset! Technology is changing faster than we could ever teach. If teachers are starting with the proper mindset they can be prepared for anything! I forget who said it but I heard somewhere the idea of "Marrying the ability, not the tool". If we prepare them for what is possible, then they can always seek the tools that will inevitably come and go.

Question: Preparing Future Educators for Tech-Infused Teaching Discussion

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.