Apple Schoolwork 3.0

Has anyone been able to start an assessment with a Pages doc attached? My students do not have the ability to type in the document without inserting a text box. The support materials say that all file types are supported but I cannot seem to get it to work. Does anyone have a solution or has anyone found a fix?

2 replies

June 11, 2024

Hi Marko. I don’t use Schoolwork at all, but — if you hadn’t mentioned Schoolwork, I would have guessed that this was a Pages-related issue.

Is the difficulty maybe that the attached Pages Doc was created with a Blank Layout template (which requires you to add text boxes, etc. i.e. Document Body option is off), rather than Blank (which embeds directly into the page i.e. Document body option turned on)?

Maybe it’s not that at all and it is a Schoolwork problem, but I thought it might be worth highlighting just in case.

Eoin

Attachments

June 13, 2024

I’m about to try the Assessment feature and from what I can tell from reading the guides, Schoolwork creates an assessment document from whatever file-type you import and only markup tools can be used by students (or teachers) to add to it. So even if the assessment is created in and imported from Pages, the file created is not a Pages file:

1. Note: You can import PDF, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and image files to create Classwork assessments.
  2. Classwork converts your document to an assessment.
  3. Use Markup tools to add additional notes or information, then tap Assign.

I’m trying to work out how to use Assessments with essay-length responses in senior school — I’ll let you know how I go.

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You have rejected content from YouTube. If you want to change your consent, press the button below.