When Leaders Model with Technology...

Question:

I am a technology integration coach and coordinator in Waukesha, WI. We have had iPads and Macs in our system for 8 years, and something we have consistently witnessed along the way is this: When a leader takes a step forward and models a tool or practice that utilizes the technology they wish to see in their classrooms, teachers will reverberate that modeling in their classroom.

Looking for ideas from other leaders in the community on ways you have led by modeling Apple technology with your staff in meetings, professional learning, or other ways. I'd love to be able to share your tangible ideas with building and district leaders in our system, giving credit to other educational leaders, and adding credibility to the idea of modeling as a means of making a transformative change.

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on August 30, 2022 in response to BrianYearl1ng

As a district leader, I love to use Pages for curriculum documents. More than modeling the use of the tool, I am making the content more accessible to my teachers. I record audio of my voice as I explain specific instructional strategies or teaching methods, I insert images with descriptions, and I add video to demonstrate processes.

I want to inspire my teachers to make their lessons and resources more accessible, too.

Attachments

Posted on August 31, 2022 in response to BrianYearl1ng

We frequently use clips and iPad screen recording when making professional learning videos for teachers. We do this very intentionally so that when someone says “But I can’t make something like that”, we can respond with, “Yes you can. Let me walk you through how”.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Here is a model described in this post “Teacher Tip Tuesday” by Samantha Dias that I appreciated. Professional Learning…What Can It Look Like In Schools?https://education.apple.com/en/story/250010724

As a district leader, I love to use Pages for curriculum documents. More than modeling the use of the tool, I am making the content more accessible to my teachers. I record audio of my voice as I explain specific instructional strategies or teaching methods, I insert images with descriptions, and I add video to demonstrate processes.

I want to inspire my teachers to make their lessons and resources more accessible, too.

Attachments

Posted on August 31, 2022 in response to BrianYearl1ng

We frequently use clips and iPad screen recording when making professional learning videos for teachers. We do this very intentionally so that when someone says “But I can’t make something like that”, we can respond with, “Yes you can. Let me walk you through how”.

Posted on March 17, 2024 in response to BrianYearl1ng

Hi There,

At the end of last year we had teachers share ideas of using iPads/technology with their colleague through a gallery walk. This was fantastic at sparking discussion and creativity across learning areas (I work in a High School) and meant that teachers were learning from each other, not just those who were deemed as 'experts'. One of our teachers who shared was great enough to say that they had no idea how the students used the program, but she gave them the opportunity to use it and that was all that mattered.

Question: When Leaders Model with Technology...

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.