Posted on August 29, 2022 in response to MrJHunt In response to MrJHunt
You and your colleague could look at the Minecraft app on the iPads. Children absolutely love it and there are so many ways that it could link to the curriculum. Here are some ways.
- Building cuisenaire rods to make amounts.
- Build different types of homes. Flats, semi-detached, bungalow.
- Build a story setting - Three Little Pigs.
- Build local, national, international landmarks.
- Build a new classroom - how long will it be, how wide, how high will the ceiling be?
Children can brainstorm ideas and think about concepts such as length, height, measures etc.
I hope this helps.
I was wondering if anybody had any top tips/ideas for using the iPads in a lower key stage 1 (grade 1) setting. I’ve been paired with a colleague for instructional coaching and this has came up as a focus point. One idea we discussed was incorporating a ‘finger gymnastics’ idea with sketches school, using the apple classroom provision to keep the iPads in the app and allow the children to roam and use when they choose to etc.
Any of ideas or experiences would be great to hear,