iPads for continuous provision in grade 1 uk setting

Question:

I was wondering if anybody had any top tips/ideas for using the iPads in a lower key stage 1 (grade 1) setting. I’ve been paired with a colleague for instructional coaching and this has came up as a focus point. One idea we discussed was incorporating a ‘finger gymnastics’ idea with sketches school, using the apple classroom provision to keep the iPads in the app and allow the children to roam and use when they choose to etc.

Any of ideas or experiences would be great to hear,

thanks

MrJHunt

Posted on August 29, 2022 in response to MrJHunt

Hi!

You and your colleague could look at the Minecraft app on the iPads. Children absolutely love it and there are so many ways that it could link to the curriculum. Here are some ways.

• Building cuisenaire rods to make amounts.
  • Build different types of homes. Flats, semi-detached, bungalow.
  • Build a story setting - Three Little Pigs.
  • Build local, national, international landmarks.
  • Build a new classroom - how long will it be, how wide, how high will the ceiling be?

Children can brainstorm ideas and think about concepts such as length, height, measures etc.

I hope this helps.

Question: iPads for continuous provision in grade 1 uk setting

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.