Live editing

Question:

Hi,

new to using ipads/apple to so I do apologise if this is quite simple.

as a teacher I would like to live edit/mark a piece of students work. I was wondering if there was a way that I could take a picture of a students work and then use the class to model peer assessments and mark/edit the work.

is this possible?

I know you can take a picture of the work and then edit it and save it as a new picture, but they would miss the “steps”. I’m also aware of keynote and the live draw function but again I wouldn’t be able to do it in that moment of time.

thank you

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on September 02, 2022 in response to Community Member

You've got it - you certainly can take a photo of student work and use the Markup feature to mark and edit the work! If you're in front of students, you can always AirPlay your iPad and use Markup in real time. If you're not in front of students, or if you want students to use Markup independently or in groups and then share back to you or with the class, you can add Screen Recording to your Control Center. Screen Recording will record your iPad screen while you work! This will save as a video to Photos, and then can be shared via your class' workflow.

💡 Tip about Screen Recording - Once you've added Screen Recording to your Control Center, open Control Center and long press on the icon for Screen Recording. From there, you have the option to turn the Microphone On or Off. This way, you have control over when your voice is recorded.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on September 02, 2022 in response to Community Member

You've got it - you certainly can take a photo of student work and use the Markup feature to mark and edit the work! If you're in front of students, you can always AirPlay your iPad and use Markup in real time. If you're not in front of students, or if you want students to use Markup independently or in groups and then share back to you or with the class, you can add Screen Recording to your Control Center. Screen Recording will record your iPad screen while you work! This will save as a video to Photos, and then can be shared via your class' workflow.

💡 Tip about Screen Recording - Once you've added Screen Recording to your Control Center, open Control Center and long press on the icon for Screen Recording. From there, you have the option to turn the Microphone On or Off. This way, you have control over when your voice is recorded.

Posted on September 02, 2022 in response to RonitS-AppleEDU

Thank you for your response.

you say I can airplay and mark up at the same time, I can’t seem to do that/unsure how to.

live got the airplay function but can I airplay from the app?

thank you

User profile for user: Community Member

Question: Live editing

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.