IOS16 - Unbelievable features

Question:

I'm sure almost everyone must have IOS16 by now, if not, why not???? Of the loads of new features, my absolute favourite is the GAME CHANGER of lifting an object from a photo to make an instant .png copy. I can not tell you how many hours I have spent over the years cutting out images to make creative displays, projects and animations - and now, thanks to IOS16, this is an instant feature.

Very quick demo attached, but for a full, much more professional presentation of 40 of the latest features, check out @JacobWoolcock amazing Quick Tips on https://www.jacobwoolcock.co.uk

This particular .png maker addition is a DREAM COME TRUE for creative hands - Go be creative....

Attachments

Tagged in: iOS
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on September 18, 2022 in response to cherylD

Amelia Earhart Animated Gif from Lift Out Primary Source
Amelia Earhart animated gif showing Lift Out of a primary source
Here is the working copy 😊. See more of my practicing here in Social Studies “Lifting Out with iOS 16 + Primary Source Images

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Posted on September 15, 2022 in response to Gavin

I am so pumped to create with this illuminating feature! I tried lifting objects from the main photo, but I haven't had the opportunity to create yet. There are some ideas brewing in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

Posted on September 18, 2022 in response to raushanah

One good idea for Social Studies is to use the amazing Lift Out with primary sources to create posters, memes or presentations. Here is an animated gif of the process using a Library of Congress photo of Amelia Earhart. I’ve also posted a demo in the Teaching and Learning Social Studies section of our Apple Education Community. Lots of potential - Thanks Gavin for the “heads up!”

Animated gif of “Lift Out” of Amelia Earhart primary source from the Library of Congress
Animated gif of “Lift Out” of Amelia Earhart primary source from the Library of Congress

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on September 18, 2022 in response to cherylD

Amelia Earhart Animated Gif from Lift Out Primary Source
Amelia Earhart animated gif showing Lift Out of a primary source
Here is the working copy 😊. See more of my practicing here in Social Studies “Lifting Out with iOS 16 + Primary Source Images

Posted on September 16, 2022 in response to Gavin

I like that your videos are short and to the point. So often I watch videos, and they tell the whole back story about the issue or feature, when all I want is to the see how to do it as quickly as possible.

Thanks for sharing, I will be sharing.

Question: IOS16 - Unbelievable features

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.