Yearly Video Diary with Clips

Question:

Hi All!

Last year I used 1SE to make a yearlong video diary for my students. 1SE takes a clip video each day and then glues them together.

This year I want to use Clips to make the video blog instead of 1SE, however I see the management of a video clip each week to be a bit cumbersome (they have limited tech skills.) I see myself as needing to have them export it from Clips to Photos, and then importing from Photos to iMovie to put them together.

Any ideas on how to simplify the process so they can make lots of short clips over time, but then have one video at the end of the year?

Thank you!

~Esther

Question marked as Solved
Answer:

Posted on

Answer:

Are students each assigned a personal device? If so, they can just add a clip to their Clips project every day or week that they're capturing them.

If they're using shared devices, you could have them create individual albums in Photos. Then, as part of a classroom routine, students can film their short moment every day or week, file it in their personal album, and then have a bank of videos to use and edit later in Clips.

Posted on September 14, 2022 in response to Essie314

Can they all take a photo or small clip and airdrop it to you? Then you simply import them into Clips?

Question marked as Solved

Posted on September 19, 2022 in response to Essie314

Are students each assigned a personal device? If so, they can just add a clip to their Clips project every day or week that they're capturing them.

If they're using shared devices, you could have them create individual albums in Photos. Then, as part of a classroom routine, students can film their short moment every day or week, file it in their personal album, and then have a bank of videos to use and edit later in Clips.

Posted on October 18, 2022 in response to AdamW-AppleEDU

Thanks! With a bit of trial and error I found that Clips does everything I wanted and a little bit more.

~Esther

Question: Yearly Video Diary with Clips

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.