Magic Movie not showing up

Question:

Magic Movie is not showing up on my iPad when I click Create Project. The only options are Movie and Trailer. Anyone know why and also how to get it in there? Thanks much.

Posted on September 29, 2022 in response to SSteacher3312

Have you had access to Magic Movie before? From your description, it sounds like maybe an update. I would check iPadOS to make sure it is updated to 15.7 and then check iMovie to make sure it is also updated to the latest version.

Posted on September 29, 2022 in response to jorton

Yes as Jennifer suggested - According to Apple your device needs to running iOS 15.2 or later and iPadOS 15.2 or later. Then you should see this at the bottom when opening iMovie: 

iMovie Menu
iMovie Menu
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022/04/apple-introduces-new-version-of-imovie-featuring-storyboards-and-magic-movie/

Hope it works for you. Such a fun and easy way to create a quick video!

Posted on September 29, 2022 in response to jorton

I have not had access to it before. I will check to see if my iPad is up to date, but I just did one in the last few weeks. Thanks much.

Posted on September 29, 2022 in response to SSteacher3312

Let us know how it is resolved. And, better yet, post a quick iMovie Magic Movie as a comment here for fun. We’d love to see you get it going!

Question: Magic Movie not showing up

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.