Ipad setup for Homeschool Teaching

Question:

I might be the first Homeschool Teacher chatting in this forum 🤗. Hello All! A quick background because it will help to understand why I’m asking what I’m asking. My daughter is 14, with multiple disabilities, and she is a tech wiz. She has her own ipad and Apple ID. I have my own ipad and Apple ID.

What I’m trying to do is set up a new ipad that will be used strictly for school only and have only the Apps/Programs that we use for school on the ipad and reduce the distractions of other things. How should I set up the new ipad? With a new Apple ID that I create for our “Homeschool” use only and use the accessibility features to restrict other apps? Or is there any easier way to do this?

Posted on October 13, 2022 in response to LC143

Hi, LC143! With parental controls you can set content restrictions and more. Checkout Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It's an Apple Support article and it offers instructions on a variety of ways you can restrict your iPad uses. I hope this helps, and I hope other Homeschool Teachers join the conversation 😊.

Posted on October 14, 2022 in response to LaiseV-AppleEDU

This support article is very helpful in describing the content and privacy options under Screen Time. Screen Time also offers Downtime, App Limits, Communication Limits, and Always Allowed options.

No separate Apple ID needed. And when connected to Family Sharing, you can set up and manage your child’s device remotely.

Posted on October 18, 2022 in response to LC143

If I was doing something like that for my child, I think the way you suggest would be the easiest. There are many ways you could go about doing all of this, but for one iPad I believe you have the right idea.

You might also consider using the Apple Classroom app which will give you some control of the "homeschool" iPad. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/classroom/id1358883623?mt=12

Posted on October 22, 2022 in response to LC143

I would look at the new focus options - you could create one just for learning time.

Question: Ipad setup for Homeschool Teaching

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.