Using sticky notes on a Freeform board

Question:

Hello,

I'm just starting to use Freeform and I'm amazed at all I can do. However, there's something that I can figure out: why when I write text on a sticky note using the keyboard, after I'm done I can hold the note and move it wherever I need on the board BUT if I write on the note using the Apple Pencil when I try to move it the note square moves but not the text. I have to grab the text and bring it to where the note square is and drop it. What am I missing?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks 😊!

Attachments

Posted on December 19, 2022 in response to laura194

Try grouping your Apple Pencil writing with the Sticky Note. Tap and hold on your writing on the Sticky Note, then tap the Sticky Note so both are selected. Then a pop up menu has the choice of Group. Does that work for you?

I like your note! I’m just starting to play with Freeform too. Lots of fun!

Posted on December 19, 2022 in response to cherylD

Genius! That works! Thank you, I've learned something new today!

Posted on December 19, 2022 in response to cherylD

Hi, unfortunately that did not work for me or I don’t understand how to do it.I’m holding the hand written text with my finger and as you can see on the pic attached a blue frame shows up around the text, then when I hold my finger on the note itself the text disappears for a second and then shows up again. But I never get the choice of Group? if I try to drag it text and note get separated like before. Thanks for trying to help me.

Posted on December 19, 2022 in response to laura194

You are right, it doesn't appear to have the functionality of Pages or Keynote in terms of grouping objects together. Maybe this will come with some updates to the app? To be fair, the amount of writing on the note is minimal and isn't too difficult to move, but I do agree it would be good to have the grouping objects option :)

*I happily stand corrected!

Posted on December 19, 2022 in response to Señor-Chris

I don’t understand why but it doesn’t work for me😩

Posted on December 21, 2022 in response to laura194

Sorry it’s not working for you. The tricky part is selecting the writing (and holding) then selecting the sticky note with your other hand without touching the writing. You have to tap the edge of the sticky note. Here are some directions on grouping from Apple support, scroll down on this link to see Group and align multiple items on a board.

Hope that helps!

Posted on March 11, 2024 in response to laura194

I had the same issue if you have numerous annotations with the pen tool use the pen selection use the lasso tool to circle your annotations and select separate. After that align the annotation with the sticky note, unselect the pen tool the hold down with your finger and drag across the sticky note with annotations, release your finger and select group.

Attachments

Attachments

Attachments

Question: Using sticky notes on a Freeform board

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.