Managed Apple ID’s, Bluetooth, and Update Issues….OH MY!

Question:

Today I’m at Apple Academy with a myriad of ideas and learning challenges at my fingertips. What can I learn this week to engage and captivate my audience with apple’s amazing approaches. After a conversation in one of our sessions, I realized that even if learned many of these things, I wouldn’t be able to use them back in the classrooms of my district because of several technical issues we’re experiencing.

Is anyone else having challenges with Managed Apple ID’s, student’s turning off Bluetooth, not updating their devices, or several others device related concerns. I’m realizing these issues are keeping teachers and students from connecting with and using the amazing tools Apple provides. I would love to learn how to help the schools in my district overcome these challenges and experience the beauty of collaboration and creativity on their Apple products. Can you help me be the catalyst for change within my district? Any and all input is appreciated.  

Question marked as Helpful

Posted on January 24, 2023 in response to KitKat

I believe Patsy mentioned that there is a fix, in 16.2, for always having to re authenticate when using a MAID. Currently using our MDM, Mosyle, we have a setting turned on that students can not modify their appleID credentials. Not a fan of it for a few reasons but students can come to me and I can allow it again. Bluetooth we can lock to keep them on but it is hard b/c then you may not be able to pair things.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Posted on January 24, 2023 in response to KitKat

I believe Patsy mentioned that there is a fix, in 16.2, for always having to re authenticate when using a MAID. Currently using our MDM, Mosyle, we have a setting turned on that students can not modify their appleID credentials. Not a fan of it for a few reasons but students can come to me and I can allow it again. Bluetooth we can lock to keep them on but it is hard b/c then you may not be able to pair things.

Posted on January 26, 2023 in response to Plahnb

Planning, I would love to hear why you’re not a fan of students not modifying their appleID. I truly want to understand both sides of the coin!🤪 If you didn’t lock students into their ID’s how would your team work to make sure students were logged in so they can collaborate, be in Apple Classroom and Schoolworks. I really appreciate your input!

Posted on January 28, 2023 in response to KitKat

To validate students are signed into their MAID - We use an MDM Inventory which checks if there's an ID signed in on the iPad. If not - the device gets put into a Smart Group where a series of restrictions apply and reminders are sent through our MDM management app to log in using their ID, or contact the school IT for a reset etc.

This seemed a decent way to give the students some agency with their own technology but maintaining consistency.

Posted on February 07, 2023 in response to dcolville

This is soooo cool and how helpful!!!! I totally agree that it gives students’ agency. Which MDM? We’re currently using JAMF.

Question: Managed Apple ID’s, Bluetooth, and Update Issues….OH MY!

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.