Notetaking

Question:

I teach in a middle and high school that is 1:1 with iPads. As a district we do not enforce any specific app or method for digital note-taking. I see students use a variety of apps (sometimes, creatively as they were not designed to take notes long term.)

I was curious to hear what apps or methods other schools are using, and find successful.

Posted on January 27, 2023 in response to jmirsky

There are so many options for this, and I really encourage students to play with a variety of apps to find the space that feels most comfortable to them for documenting their learning. Notes is a great place to start. Many of my students also love Notability and Good Notes. Others prefer Pages. Notes, Notability, and Good Notes all have options for creating named folders or "subjects" to help students stay organized. I'll be interested to see what others share in this thread as well!

Posted on January 27, 2023 in response to jmirsky

Some teachers in our district encourage students to use Numbers and some even create interactive note templates for units in Numbers with videos, links, placeholders for student creations, etc. Since deleting the table provides a virtually infinite whiteboard, it’s a pretty good one for note taking. Plus, being able to add multiple sheets in one file helps for organizing topics or units too!

Posted on January 30, 2023 in response to jmirsky

Students in my school almost exclusively use Notability for note-taking unless they choose to take notes on paper (which some still do!). However, with the addition of the FreeForm in one of the latest iPad updates, I am curious of the possibilities this application could possess for note-taking, particularly in a collaborative sense.

Question: Notetaking

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.