iMovie to create presentations

Question:

Hi All,

I tried to make a teacher training video from Keynote slides that I exported as JPEGs to iMovie, then created video and audio clips. I wanted to make the movie with me speaking generally in video clips, and then going to the Keynote slides with a voice-over. My problem is that the sound from the audio clips spills over into my video clips, and my slide images don't last long enough. I have read a lot online, but nothing seems to address what I need help with. HELP

Andrea Burniske, West Lafayette, IN

Posted on February 22, 2023 in response to AndreaLaB

Not sure if this answers your issue but what I do when combining Keynote slides with voice into a movie is to record my voice over on each Keynote slide first, and then export the whole Keynote to a movie. That way the “slide” plays as long as the voice.

If in iMovie what you want to record is longer than a video clip you have, you can always splice the video clip and put in a still picture to lengthen the timing on the movie. The voice audio you record will then run under the movie and added still clips.

Hope this makes sense.

Posted on March 18, 2023 in response to cherylD

I had never thought about recording into keynote. I’ve always created the slides in keynote and narrate in iMovie. I’m going to have to try that out.

Question: iMovie to create presentations

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.