Because I'm Freeeeee.... Freeforming!

Question:

Today was the first step of my little learners' journey in using Freeform. They're 5 and 6 years old and one of the things I love best about this age group is their ability to prove that age is no barrier to what they can achieve! They are planning a piece of writing this week - a diary entry about an imaginary trip on safari. I took this onto Freeform and had them sketch out their diary plan there.

Before today, they hadn't even set eyes on Freeform. After a walk-through, I let them loose. They used shapes (filling and adding borders), text, drawing and connectors. Some of their comments about Freeform:

• "Wow, my page never runs out!"
  • "I love that I can pinch to make it bigger or smaller to see what I'm doing."
  • "I'm going to choose colours that look safari-y."
  • "This is so cool, when you move the box, the line (connector) means it stays with the other one so I don't mess it all up!"

Our next step is to move onto collaboration and then to pull together different types of media. I'll let you know how it goes. I definitely recommend that you open Freeform with your learners, regardless of their age. It's super intuitive and really engaging for all ages.

Posted on March 03, 2023 in response to Karen_I

Love the comments - especially “my page never runs out!” So fun!

Posted on March 07, 2023 in response to Karen_I

I love the idea to draw pictures in the boxes and connect them!

Thanks for teaching me that clipart and line connect actually do connect! Then went off and started connecting post its and images. Never too old to learn something new!

I think Freeform has so much potential. I want to use it as a note taking application in preparation for a research project because you can add weblink, photos and other multimedia. My one worry is that because it is limitless I feel that some things can get lost.

Question: Because I'm Freeeeee.... Freeforming!

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.