Text to speech on the MacBook Pro in "books" is requiring the student/reader to highlight text to be read

Question:

I have a case number as shown below, but when a student/individual who is print disabled on the MacBook Pro in "Apple Books" requires the individual to highlight the text that they want read to them where the "spoken content" accessibility feature is not the same as it is on iPad/iPod/iPhone. "Spoken content" on the other devices just allows you to do a "Siri speak screen" or double tap option or the two finger swipe. The MacBook Pro and Safari has the word highlighted when you press the " speaks Green" key stroke, but this does not happen on the MacBook Pro.

Case Number: 101982739745

Hi Davis,

Thanks for contacting us. You can reply to this email or follow the link below to leave me a voice message.

Posted on August 02, 2023 in response to davis316

Hi Davis,

I'd recommend getting in touch with your Apple SE to discuss further. You can find out who your Apple SE is by calling 1-800-800-2775 and choose option 4 to get connected with your school's Apple sales team.

Best,

Dominique

Question: Text to speech on the MacBook Pro in "books" is requiring the student/reader to highlight text to be read

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.