Create a post from the types below.
Beginning Sounds in Kindergarten
- Students are given 4 pictures and will need to determine the picture and then write the beginning sound.
- They will then record themselves saying the word for the picture. This allows for you to see students thinking if they choose a word that is not typically chosen for a certain picture (ex. Student says bug instead of spider and writes the letter b).
- Students are then given 4 more slides. They are given a letter and they have to produce a picture for each beginning sound.
- They will record themselves saying the word in their picture that matches their beginning sound.
- Ohio State Learning Standard
- RF.K.2 Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final phonemes (sounds) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.
- This lesson is the first step in sounding out and blending sounds to create CVC words.
You might also like