Create a post from the types below.
POP of Positivity
A positive mindset helps fosters one’s belief in their abilities, as well as enhances creativity by encouraging us to explore new ideas. What better way to encourage positive mindset than with student created Pop Art! This lesson would be a great SEL activity or building-wide initiative on Positive Mindset.
MarkUp allows you to personalize your photos by adding your own creative touches! Have students MarkUp the parts of a flower or bug, turn an ordinary cloud into a bunny rabbit or add a positive message on a photo to encourage a positive mindset around school.
- My students began by taking a photo of something outside that calms them or brings them joy.
- We then went into the Photos app to Edit the photo.
- We adjusted the Contrast and Saturation levels to help the object of our image stand out.
- My students then tapped on the MarkUp tool and choose a bright color to color the background.
- We used the Highlighter tool to add some texture as we colored. and choose a bright color. We colored all around the objects in our image.
- Using the Pen tool to outline the object helped it stand apart from the background.
- Lastly, students used the Marker to write their positive message.
PHOTO TIPS: Take a photo that has bright colors and a prominent object. Be mindful of ensuring that there is space to include your positive message or quote.
BACKGROUND TIPS: Use the Highlighter tool to color with short strokes and overlapping to create a textured effect. This allows the object of your photo to be your focal point.
Now that your students have created some some art that is a POP of Positivity, it’s time to share their creations! A Shared Photo Album would allow all students to share their creations with one another. To share these positive messages with your school community, consider printing off their edited photos and hanging in the School Lobby, the halls or even throughout the Community.
You might also like