Create a post from the types below.
Create a Reader's Theater Center with Pages
One way that my students really got excited to read, re-read and read some more was with a reader's theater center. Students collaborated as they listened to each other and played their character's role. Students came to life as they read with expression and intonation! I knew that this much needed practice was also helping them with their fluency and brought a renewed joy to reading.
Students used Presenter Mode in Pages to read scripts or write their own plays. Students looked forward to seeing their classmates perform their original plays.
- Scaffold vocabulary with emoji's 🐷 🌲 🐺 for emerging writers.
- Have iPad read 🎧 to students with Spoken Content. This is a great way to have students follow along first. Be sure the use the highlight feature to mirror tracking print from left to right.
- Adjust the speed of the teleprompter.
- Color code 🌈 the characters to help students follow along.
- Take it further with green screen and video. 🎬
Try presenter mode now with this public domain Pages "Three Little Pigs" template I rewrote.
Learn how here: