Students unable to sign into iPads...

Question:

Hello!

I'm a technology coach and a new jamf user. I have been unable to find someone in my district able to help solve my issue. Students at my school are unable to sign into their iPads with their Apple ID. (I've been told their school email will work...). When they go into settings, the option to sign in is greyed out. I've been unable to find a functionality restriction in the jamf configuration profiles, and I've had several unsuccessful meetings with support staff in the district. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Posted on March 14, 2023 in response to bfiore34

It is at the end of the JAMF restrictions under Profiles > Overview > Restrictions > User Modifications > "Allow modifying account settings (E-mail, contacts, calendars, iCloud & iTunes Store)"

Posted on May 17, 2023 in response to MirCWalsh

Thank you for your response!

I'm still not able to resolve the issue. I'm not seeing profiles under restrictions. Is it possible that my account does not have this level of access?

Posted on May 30, 2023 in response to bfiore34

This is certainly possible. Jamf has very granular, role-based access controls for its users. Miriam's helpful breadcrumbs may also differ depending on if you're using Jamf Pro or Jamf School.

Posted on May 30, 2023 in response to bfiore34

Re-reading your message something else came to mind.

When you say "'I've been told their school email will work...", the person who told you this is more than likely referring to Federated Authentication. Support staff need to be made aware that students will be unable to use these credentials until this restriction within the MDM solution is disabled (even if temporarily).

Reach out to your Apple support team to help facilitate these conversations.

Question: Students unable to sign into iPads...

Maximum file size: 400MB

Insert a video

Insert an image

Insert an image

125: 125
220: 220

This action can’t be undone.

Error Message

Are you sure you want to continue? Your changes will not be saved.

This post contains content from YouTube.

If you choose to view this content, YouTube may collect and process certain personal data. You can view YouTube’s <a href="https://www.youtube.com/t/privacy" target="_blank">privacy policy here<span class="a11y">(opens in new window)</span>.</a>

This post contains content from YouTube.

You’ve rejected content from YouTube. Tap the button below to change your consent.