Create a post from the types below.
5th grade math - volume
I love using keynote as a collaboration work book. This workbook model can be used for any math standard.
In this lesson I have students...
- Start with a shape hunt and take a photo of 3 different rectangular prisms around our school.
- Use the measure app to find the length width and height of a rectangular prism and mark them up on the photo.
- Next have students trade their IPADS with another student to solve the problem they posed with their photos on slides 1-3. I remind them they can use audio drawing or typing to express the volume of the problem.
- When students receive their IPAD back they need to check their partners work.
- Next students can work on slide 4 to challenge themselves. They will create a volume word problem with realistic dimensions and solve.
- As an extension students can create a screen recording explaining their work on slide 4. I show students live video in keynote so they can make their explanation personal and empower their inner youtuber.
You might also like